370MHz to 6GHz Radiation Measurement System
- Measure Antenna Radiation Patterns, TRP, Efficiency, Directivity and more
- Fits in lab or office space
- No need for an anechoic chamber
- Measure 3-axis patterns in under 2 minutes
- Base accuracy ±1 dB
- Repeatability ±0.5 dB
- Complete system includes all hardware and software
- Optional heavy duty table
- 30 day money back guarantee
The MegiQ Radiation Measurement System (RMS) is a compact test system that performs 3-axis radiation pattern measurement in non-anechoic spaces.
With a frequency range of 370 MHz to 6 GHz it is well suited for characterization and measurement of Antenna Radiation Patterns, Antenna Gain, ERP, TRP, Field Strength.
Extensive evaluation has shown that – with reasonable setup - the accuracy of the RMS is similar to that of anechoic test labs.
Characterize wireless devices of today, like IOT devices, routers, phones, domotica products, electronic gadgets, tablets, laptops, RF-modules etc.
The RMS is used for these measurements:
- Radiated output power patterns of a wireless device
- Harmonic radiation patterns (up to 6 GHz) of wireless devices
- Gain and radiation patterns of standalone antennas, using the generator option
- Gain over frequency of antennas
- Radiation patterns over frequency of antennas
- Beamwidth and max gain of directional antennas, over frequency
While this is usually measured in an anechoic chamber to avoid reflections to affect the measurement, the RMS has a smart antenna design to reduce the sensitivity for reflections. This allows radiation measurements to be made in relatively small lab or office spaces.
The RMS system itself has an accuracy of ± 1dB. In a reasonable space one can expect an extra uncertainty of 1 or 2 dB. The repeatability of measurements is excellent at ±0.5 dB. No user calibration is required.
RMS system diagram
- Antenna height 100 cm to 170 cm.
- Dual Polarization Antenna.
- Dual channel measuring receiver.
- Generator output (option).
- Rotation controller unit.
- Power supply.
- USB connection for computer control.
- Height 70 cm and 130 cm.
- Stepper motor drive.
- 30 seconds per rotation.
- Smooth acceleration.
- Table size 28 x 28 cm.
- Max EUT weight: 7.5 kg.
- Heavy Duty table: 100 x 50 cm, 30 kg.
The RMS rotates an object on the turntable and measures the radiation. With a rotation around the X, Y and Z axis the software plots the patterns and calculates statistics including Total Radiated Power (TRP). Each measuring point can contain a sweep of multiple frequencies, so that multiple radiation patterns can be measured in one rotation sequence.
With the Generator option the RMS can also perform an antenna sweep and show the antenna gain over frequency.
The RMS comes with an object fixture for small devices that allows easy positioning of the EUT in orthogonal positions on the object table. A labeling system helps the user to keep track of the axes.
The RMS system works well in a moderate space. A 4 x 4 x 3 meter room works well above 800 MHz. For smaller spaces or lower frequencies a few strategic absorbers may be required.
Complete measurement system, includes:
- Antenna base with mast
- Measuring antenna
- Measuring receiver
- Turn table with masts
- Turn table platform
- Object fixture
- RMS Software
- Tools for setup and measuring
- RMS-GEN: Internal 3GHz Signal Generator
- RMS-LASER: Internal Laser Pointer
- RMS-HDTT: Heavy Duty Turn Table
- RMS-COAX: 5 meter quality SMA coax
With our RMS Application Programming Interface the RMS systems can be expanded with custom features and data processing as well as integration with other systems.